Built in 1791, the Neary-Rodriguez Adobe is the oldest building in Santa Cruz County, and it is also one of the oldest Spanish military structures in the state. Its original purpose was to house the military guards of the Santa Cruz Mission.
After leaving the mission, demonstrators marched down Highway 1 from Mission Street to Ocean Street. The group blocked traffic at the entrance to the city, and then again several blocks away at Water Street, before returning to the Town Clock where the march began.
|The Neary-Rodriguez Adobe|
|A Bare Pole Remains where the Mission Bell was Displayed|
|Photo of Removed Mission Bell Posted to Social Media|